ITR-4 (SUGAM) Form for Presumptive Taxation Scheme
What is ITR-4?
The ITR-4 (SUGAM) form is for those taxpayers who have opted for the presumptive taxation scheme under Section 44AD, 44ADA or Section 44AE of the Income Tax Act.
However, if the turnover of the mentioned business exceeds Rs 2 crores (Rs. 50 lakhs in case of professionals), the taxpayer will have to file ITR-3.
To download form ITR-4 in PDF, Click here.
You can also download income tax utility from,
Who can file ITR-4 (SUGAM)?
This return can be used by an individual/HUF/partnership firm whose total income includes:
- Income from Business eligible for Presumptive taxation scheme
- Income from Profession or Freelancing eligible for Presumptive taxation scheme
- Income from Salary/Pension
- Income from One House Property (excluding cases where losses are brought forward from the previous year)
- Income from Other Sources (Excluding Winning from Lottery and Race Horses)
Who can not file ITR-4?
This Return Form cannot be used in case of following incomes:
- Income from more than one House Property
- Winning from Lottery and Race Horses
- Income from Capital Gains
- Agricultural income exceeding Rs.5000
- Income from speculative business
- Income from Foreign Sources and/or having any Foreign Asset
|PART A- GENERAL||Personal Information||Name, Address, Date of Birth, PAN, contact details etc.|
|Filing Status||Employer Category, Tax status, Residential status, Return filed under section etc.|
|PART B||Income And Deduction||Income from Business, Salary, Pension, House Property, Other Sources|
|PART C||Deduction under Chapter VI-A||Deductions under section 80C, 80D, 80E, 80G, 80TTA etc.|
|PART D||Tax computation||Breaking up Tax computation, Interest, Cess, Rebate etc.|
|Schedule NOB BP||Nature of Business, If more than one business, indicates the three main activities/ products||Nature of Business, Computation of Presumptive Income under 44AD, 44ADA and 44AE, Financial Particulars of Business|
|Schedule AL||Details of Assets and Liabilities||Details of an immovable asset, Details of a movable asset, Interest held in the asset of a firm or AOP etc.|
|Schedule IT||Details of Advance Tax and Self Assessment Tax Payments||BSR Code, Date of Deposit, Chalan Number, Tax Paid|
|Schedule TCS||Details of Tax Collected at sources||Tax collection Account Number, Name of Collector, Tax Collected, Amount Claimed|
|Tax Details||TDS1: Details of Tax Deducted at Source from SALARY||TAN of Employer, Employer Name, Ted Deducted etc.|
|Tax Details||TDS2: Details of Tax Deducted at sources from Income other than Salary||TAN, Name of Deductor, Year of Deduction, Tax deducted etc.|
List of Documents needed to file ITR-4
Acquire the given list of documents on the basis of relevant Incomes in order to indulge in smooth filing process.
- PAN (Permanent Account Number)
- Bank account details
- TDS certificates
- Counterfoils of taxes paid
- Details of original return if filing revised return
- Details of notice if filing in response to the notice
Documents on the basis of your type of Income:
- Salary income
- Form-16/ Salary slips received from your employer and
- Pension statement/passbook.
- House/Property Income
- Address of the property,
- Co-owner details in case the property is coowned,
- In case of house/property loan Interest certificates/repayment certificate from bank,
- In case of let out property – Rent agreement
- Business / Profession
- Profit & Loss statement
- Balance Sheet
- Supporting documents for expenses incurred
- Bank account statement/Passbook
- Cash register
- Any other documents required to maintain the books of accounts of business & profession
- Other sources
- Savings/current account statements/Passbook
- Interest certificates for deposits/bonds/NSC
- PPF account statement/Passbook
- Dividend warrants/counterfoils
- Rent agreement in case of let out machinery
- Details about receipts of any other incomes
- If you’re eligible for any Tax Breaks, you may need to acquire the relevant documents from the list:
- PPF account statement/Passbook
- Fixed deposit certificates/statements
- Mutual fund NAV statements
- ELSS/ULIP/NSC investment details
- Life insurance premium receipts
- Medical insurance premium receipts
- Preventive health checkup details
- Pension fund/ National pension scheme statement
- House/property loan interest certificate/repayment statement
- Education loan interest certificate/repayment statement
- Tuition fees receipts
- Donation receipts
- Certificate from specified medical authorities in case of disability
- Receipts/proof of any other tax saving investment/contributions
How to file the ITR-4?
You can either file your ITR-4 physically or electronically. Since Financial year 2013-14, electronic filing of ITR-4 has been made compulsory for the taxpayers who…
- Have income of more than Rs. 5 Lakhs.
- Have any assets outside of India, including financial interest in any entity; or signing authority in any account outside of India
- Those claiming relief under Section 90/90A/91 to whom Schedule FSI and Schedule TR apply
In case of Physical submission:
- You can submit the ITR-4 in paper form or
- You can submit the bar-coded return form duly filled.
The department will provide you with an acknowledgement along with stamp of submission on your copy.
In case of Online / Electronic submission:
- You can submit the ITR-4 online after digitally signing the same or
- You can submit the ITR-4 online and subsequently send the the signed verification of filed return in ITR-V to Central Processing Center Bangalore within 120 days of filing.
- Or, with the newly introduced EVC, you can avoid sending the ITR-V and get done with the entire process within three to five weeks.