TRACES means TDS Reconciliation Analysis and Correction Enabling System. It is the online portal for administration and implementation of TDS (Tax Deducted at Source) and TCS (Tax Collected at Source). To download Form 16, Form 16A, Consolidated File, Justification Report, etc and for filing Online correction, the statement should be processed. The Deductor can view the status of TDS or TCS statements filed by logging into his account on TRACES. This facility is available to the Deductor who is registered on TRACES.
Steps to view TDS Statement Status on TRACES
- Log in to TRACES
- Navigate to Statement Status
Go to Statements / Payments > Statement Status
- View statement status
You can view the Statement Status i.e. status of the filed TDS Return using either of the following options
- Option 1:
- Option 2
Search using Token Number of the filed TDS Return. Enter Provisional Receipt or Token Number and click on View Statement Status
- Option 3
Search using Statement Status of the filed TDS Return. Enter Financial Year of filing, Quarter of filing, Form Type, and Statement Status. Click on View Statement Status.
- Option 4
Search using the return filed in the previous 3 months. Select option ‘During Last 3 Months’. The statements i.e. TDS Returns filed in the previous three months will appear on the screen.
The status ‘Processed for 26AS‘ means that the statement is processed partially and the tax credit is transferred to the deductee mentioned in the TDS Return filed. The statement is processed successfully when the status is ‘Processed with Default’ or ‘Processed without Default’.
If the status of your TDS Statement is ‘Processed for 26AS’, you can submit online correction and download conso file from your TRACES account.
1. Processed for From 26AS – TDS department has partially processed the statement and has transferred the tax credit to the deductee
2. Pending for Processing – TDS department has not yet processed the statement
3. Processed with Default – TDS department has processed the statement with default. Deductor should download the Justification report for further clarification
4. Processed without Default – TDS department has processed the statement without a default
5. Rejected – TDS department has rejected the Statement. Deductor should check the reason for rejection and file the statement again
1. Submitted – Successful submission, Request in processing
2. Available: Form 16 available for Downloading
3. Disabled: Duplicate request submitted for downloading
4. Failed: User is advised to contact CPC(TDS)
5. Not Available: (i) All PAN mentioned in the statement are invalid;
(ii) No Deductee records are present in the statement