e-Verify ITR online using Net Banking Option
A taxpayer needs to e-verify ITR (Income Tax Return) in order to complete the return filing process. You can e-verify your return within 120 days from the date of filing a return.
Steps for e-Verification of ITR(Income Tax Return) using Net Banking Option
- Step 1: Login to your Net banking account. Here is the list of Banks that offer e-Verification via Net Banking.
- Step 2: Navigate to the page mentioning E-Verification option under Taxes.
- Example – In SBI Online platform, once you have logged in, look for “e-Tax” in the top menu. Navigate e-Tax > More > Login to e-Filing/E-Verify.
- Step 3: Login to your account and click on My Account > E-Verify Return
- Step 4: Click on e-verify to continue,
- Step 5: Select Option 2- I do not have EVC and I would like to generate EVC to e-Verify return.
- Step 6: You’ll see a confirmation dialogue mentioning e-Verification using Net Banking. Click on Continue – You’ll see a success message with acknowledgement number.
If you face an issue while e-verifying your return using net banking then you can e-verify using Aadhaar OTP option. And if you do not wish to e-verify your return then you can send a signed copy of ITR-V to CPC Banglore.