DSC stands for Digital Signature Certificate. Certifying Authority (CA) issues DSC. It is in the best interest of the businesses and individuals to apply for digital signature as it provides you high level of security. And ensures the privacy of the information for your online transactions exchanged by using a Digital Signature.
You can use Digital Signature Certificates for the following:
– For sending and receiving digitally signed and encrypted emails.
– For carrying out secure web-based transactions, or to identify other participants of web-based transactions.
– In eTendering, eProcurement, MCA [for Registrar of Companies efiling], Income Tax [for efiling income tax returns] Applications and – also in many other applications.
– For signing documents like MSWord, MSExcel and PDFs.
– A pivotal role in creating a paperless office
Legally valid Digital Signature Certificates are issued only through a Controller of Certifying Authorities (CCA), Govt. of India, licensed Certifying Authorities (CA), such as eMudhra. Further, it offers secure digital signatures through various options tailored to suit individual as well as organizational needs.
A Digital Signature Certificate authenticates your identity electronically. Therefore it provides you with a high level of security for your online transactions by ensuring absolute privacy of the information exchanged using a Digital Signature Certificate. Further, you can use certificates to encrypt information such that only the intended recipient can read it. You can digitally sign information to assure the recipient that it has not been changed in transit. And also verify your identity as the sender of the message