e-Verify ITR online using Demat Account Option
Once an Income Tax Return (ITR) is filed, it needs to be verified. You can verify your ITR online or offline. If you are a trader and have a demat account then you can also e-verify your ITR using the demat account.
Follow these steps to complete e-verification of your ITR using Demat Account:
- Step 1: Login to Income Tax e-Filing website & click on My Account > E-Verify Return
- Step 2: Click on e-Verify.
- Step 3: Click on Option 2 – I do not have an EVC and I would like to generate EVC to e-Verify my return. Then click EVC – Through Demat Account number
- Step 4: You have to pre-validate your Demat account number by giving account details like DP ID, Client ID, Mobile number, Email.
- Step 5: Once successful pre-validated – you’ll find an option to generate EVC. You’ll get the EVC on the registered mobile number of your Bank account.
Once you’ve entered the EVC, you’ll get a confirmation message with transaction ID – which means you’ve completed the e-Verification of your Tax Return.
1. Is it important to e-Verify the Income Tax Return (ITR)?
Indeed. It is important to e-Verify the return. Unless the ITR is not verified, the return will not be processed by the Income Tax Department (ITD). Furthermore, the return should be e-Verified within 120 days of e-Filing.
2. What are the ways to e-Verify?
The Income Tax Return (ITR) filed online has to be e-Verified online. Consequently, You can e-Verify your returns using
3. What are the benefits of e-Verifying the Income Tax Return (ITR) online?
Taxpayers can verify their return by signing and submitting the ITR-V acknowledgment form to CPC Banglore. This process is lengthy and less effective as it takes a longer time for the Income Tax Department (ITD) to process the return. Hence, it is advisable that the returns be verified online.