e-Verify ITR online using Bank ATM
Once ITR (Income Tax Return) is filed successfully, the taxpayer is required to e-verify the ITR. After ITR is verified, the Income Tax Department processes the return and issues refund (if any). You can e-verify your ITR within 120 days of filing the return.
Step-by-step process to e-verify ITR using Bank ATM Option:
If you’re an account holder with one of these Banks – Walk into their nearest ATM and once you have swiped your card, select the option to e-Verify your ITR on the menu.
- Step 1: Once you have entered your PIN, you will receive an EVC on your registered mobile number.
- Step 2: Login to Income Tax e-Filing website & click on My Account > E-Verify Return:
- Step 3: Click on e-verify corresponding to the return filed.
- Step 4: Click on Option 1 – I already have an EVC to e-Verify my return
- Step 5: Enter the EVC you received on your mobile generated at the Bank ATM.
Once you enter the EVC, you’ll see a confirmation message with the transaction ID. Your Income Tax Return is now successfully e-verified.
1. What is EVC generated at bank ATM?
Banks have introduced a new facility of generating EVC – Electronic Verification Code through ATMs. This EVC can be used for the e-Verification of Income Tax Returns while e-Filing through the Income Tax Department (ITD) portal. the customer should have a registered PAN number and mobile number with the bank.
2. What is e-Verification using EVC in Income Tax Return (ITR)?
Taxpayers can verify their returns online with the help of an Electronic Verification Code (EVC). An Electronic Verification Code (EVC) is a 10 digit alphanumeric code which is sent to the registered mobile number of the tax filer while filing his/her returns online.