e-Verify ITR online using Bank Account Option
Income Tax Return(ITR) filing process is not complete unless the filed ITR is verified by the taxpayer. You can verify your ITR online or offline. One of the easiest ways to for ITR verification is through Bank Account Option.
Follow these steps to e-Verify ITR using Bank Account Option:
- Step 1: Login to Income Tax e-Filing website & click on click on My Account > e-Verify Return
- Step 2: Click on e-Verify.
- Step 3: Select Option 2 – I do not have an EVC and I would like to generate EVC to e-Verify my return
- Step 4: Click EVC – Through Bank Account Number
- Step 5: You need to pre-validate your Bank account number first. You’ll be lead to enter a few details regarding your Bank account like Account number, IFSC, etc.
- Step 6: Once you successfully pre-validated your bank account – you can generate EVC. You’ll get the EVC on the registered mobile number of your Bank account. Enter this EVC and click on submit.
You’ll get a confirmation message with transaction ID – which means you’ve completed the e-Verification of your ITR.