e-Verify ITR online using Bank Account Option
Income Tax Return(ITR) filing process is not complete unless the filed ITR is verified by the taxpayer. You can verify your ITR online or offline. One of the easiest ways to for ITR verification is through Bank Account Option.
Follow these steps to e-Verify ITR using Bank Account Option:
- Step 1: Log in to Income Tax e-Filing website & click on click on My Account > e-Verify Return
- Step 2: Click on e-Verify.
- Step 3: Select Option 2 – I do not have an EVC and I would like to generate EVC to e-Verify my return
- Step 4: Click EVC – Through Bank Account Number
- Step 5: You need to pre-validate your Bank account number first. You’ll be lead to enter a few details regarding your Bank account like Account number, IFSC, etc.
- Step 6: Once you successfully pre-validated your bank account – you can generate EVC. You’ll get the EVC on the registered mobile number of your Bank account. Enter this EVC and click on submit.
You’ll get a confirmation message with transaction ID – which means you’ve completed the e-Verification of your ITR.
1. Is it important to e-Verify the Income Tax Return (ITR)?
Indeed. It is important to e-Verify the return. Unless the ITR is not verified, the return will not be processed by the Income Tax Department (ITD). Furthermore, the return should be e-Verified within 120 days of e-Filing.
2. How do I pre-validated my bank account for e-Verification?
Before e-Verifying ITR through a bank account, you first need to make sure that your bank account is pre-validated. For pre-validation, you have to select your bank name, enter the bank account number, Account type, IFSC code and your registered mobile number and prevalidate. Note that, for the pre-validation, your name, PAN and mobile number must match with the bank records.
3. What are the ways to e-Verify?
The Income Tax Return (ITR) filed online has to be e-Verified online. Consequently, You can e-Verify your returns using
4. What are the benefits of e-Verifying the Income Tax Return (ITR) online?
Taxpayers can verify their return by signing and submitting the ITR-V acknowledgement form to CPC Banglore. This process is lengthy and less effective as it takes a longer time for the Income Tax Department (ITD) to process the return. Hence, it is advisable that the returns be verified online.