The Ministry of Corporate Affairs has introduced a new form for incorporation of companies under the Ease of Doing Business (EODB) initiative. The name of the form is SPICe+ form. The full form of SPICe is Specified Proforma for Incorporating a Company Electronically.
What is SPICe+Form?
It is an integrated web form which offers 10 services at one go thereby saving time and cost as well as simplifying the process for Starting a Business in India.
This form provides the facility for incorporation of any company including Private company, OPC, Producer company, Unlimited company, Section 8 company, Nidhi company or any other company.
Features of SPICe+ Form
- SPICe+ offers 10 services in total which we split into two parts i.e. Part A and Part B.
- The part A provides a person with the facility for reservation of name for his new company.
- Part B offers the other nine services which are as follows:
Forms for Incorporation of Company
The person who wishes to incorporate a Company needs to fill and upload following forms:-
- SPICe+ Part A (Reservation of Name)
- SPICe+ Part B
- Agile Pro Form
- SPICe MOA
- SPICe AOA
- INC-9 (Autogenerated)
Major Updates after the Introduction of SPICe+ Form
- The SPICe+ form has replaced the old SPICe form for the incorporation of companies.
- Furthermore, the AGILE Pro form has replaced the AGILE form through which the company needs to apply mandatorily for EPFO/ESIC/Bank Account at the time of filing the SPICe+ Form for the company.
- The registration of EPFO and ESIC has become mandatory for companies incorporated on or after 15th February 2020.
- Furthermore, the companies are also required to open a bank account through the AGILE-PRO form.
- In case the total numbers of subscribers are less than 20 and have DIN or PAN the declaration of INC-9 will be auto-generated and will be uploaded with other linked forms in SPICe+.
Documents Required for SPICe+ Form
The Form SPICe + and its linked forms for incorporation of Company requires different attachments.
Attachments for SPICe+ Part B
- Utility bills copy for office address (not older than 2 months)
- Notarized and Stamped Rent agreement/ Lease Agreement for Registered office of Company (in case applicable)
- NOC from the owner of the property
- PAN of each Director (Mandatory)
- Proof of identity of subscribers and directors (Passport/ Voter ID/Driving license)
- Address Proof of subscribers and directors (Bank Statement/Electricity bill/ Mobile bill/ Telephone bill)- not older than 2 months
- Proof of identity and address of Applicant I, II, III in case applying for DIN for directors
- The interest of director in other entities along with the name and CIN/LLPIN/FCRN of an entity, designation, amount, and percentage of holding (in case the director has an interest in other entity)
- Consent to act as director (DIR-2)
- Declaration by first director(s) and subscriber(s) (INC-9)
- Consent of Nominee (in case of OPC)
Attachments in Agile Pro Form
- Proof of Office Address for GSTN
- Proof of appointment of Authorized signatory for GSTN (in case applying for GST)
- Specimen signature of Authorized signatory for EPFO
- Proof of Identity of Authorized Signatory
- Proof Of Address of Authorized Signatory
- Photos of all the directors (Size up to 100KB)
- Company’s proposed names in the order of preference
- Correspondence and Registered office of the company
- Capital Structure of Company
- Contact Details of the company (contact no, email id)
- Names of directors (minimum 2 having valid DSC)
- Details of directors and subscribers
- Father’s name
- Address (present and permanent)
- Date of Birth
- Contact number
- Email address
- Place of birth
- Educational Qualification
- Duration of stay at current address
- Designation and holding in the company
- Nationality and citizenship
Procedure for Incorporation of Company through SPICe+
Lets learn how to fill and upload SPICe+ for incorporation of a Company.
- Login to MCA
Login to MCA portal. Go to ‘MCA services’ and click on ‘SPICe+’.
- New Application
Click on ‘new application’. However if you have already filed Part A you can choose existing application.
Fill Part A of the SPICe+. Furthermore complete all the details for reservation of name of the proposed company including:-
Type of company
Class of company
Category of company
Sub-category of company
Main division of industrial activity of company (description will automatically get filled according to code user chooses)
Particulars of proposed or approved name
- Automatic scrutiny of name
Click on ‘Autocheck’ button for automatic scrutiny of proposed name. Click on ‘Save’ button.
- Submit Application
Submit your application for Part A by clicking on ‘Submit’ button.
- Name approval letter
MCA will provide you the Name approval letter. Furthermore MCA will provide the user 20 days time period for filling other forms and uploading on MCA site.
- SPICe+ Part B
Now proceed for Part B of SPICe +.
- Enter required details in SPICe+ Part B
Complete the basic details regarding the company to be incorporated which shall include:-
Capital structure of the proposed company
Address of the proposed company
Contact details of the proposed company (email address and contact number of company)
- Subscribers and directors details
Further enter the given details for subscriber and subscribers.
Number of first subscribers of MoA and directors of company (having DIN or not having DIN)
Particulars of first subscribers and directors of company
Number and amount of shares subscribed
Interest in other entity (if any)
- Stamp duty
Click on prefill button. As a result, amount of stamp duty will get prefilled according to the respective State of ROC.
- Issuance of PAN & TAN
Furthermore enter the details required for issuance of PAN and TAN. You need to enter the area code for PAN and TAN of the company.
- Fill in the required details
Fill your sources of income. Enter the Business/Profession code.
Upload the mandatory attachments in the eform. In optional Attachments you can attach Form INC-9 and DIR-2 for each partner.
- Submit the declarations
Finally, submit the relevant declarations and click on pre scrutiny.
- Submit the form
Once the pre scrutiny is successful submit the SPICe+. Fill the other linked mandatory forms :-
eMOA (Charter of the company)
eAOA (Rules and regulations)
- Download the form
After filling all the linked forms to SPICe+, download the Spice forms.
Get the forms signed by director and professional who certifies the forms.
- Upload forms and make payment
Further upload all the linked forms in proper sequence. If the upload is successful, SRN will get generated. However in case of failure it will show error.
Now make payment. On successful payment receipt will be generated.
If you are making application for name reservation only i.e. SPICe+ Part A, then you can submit two names. If you are filing complete SPICe+ form, then you are allowed to propose only one name for your company.
SPICe Form is an eform which only offered the facilty of reservation of name of the company, incorporation of company and allotment of DIN. While SPICe Plus Form is an integrated web form offering 10 services which includes name reservation, incorporation, allotment of DIN, PAN, TAN GSTIN, EPFO registration, ESIC registration Profession tax registration and opening of bank account.
Maximum 3 DINs are allowed to be applied through a SPICe form while incorporating a company other than producer company. In case of producer company applicant can apply for maximum 5 DINs.
As you are incorporating a private limited company, you need not attach MoA and AoA in attachments to SPICe+. MoA and AoA are required to be filled as linked forms to SPICe+ which will then be uploaded on MCA site.
As you have uploaded the forms and made the payment for PAN and TAN , it might take 48 hours time to clear the payment. However the forms are successfully uploaded.
SPICe+ is an integrated Web form for incorporating a company offering 10 services. Through SPICe+ (INC-32), you can apply for the name of your company, incorporation of the company, DIN of the directors, PAN and TAN registrations, PF and ESI registration of the company, GST registration, Professional Tax (only in Maharashtra), open a bank account.
You can incorporate any kind of Company through SPICe+, whether public, private, Section-8, OPC, etc.
Hope this helps!
Hi @Krish_Krish, you can go through the following article to understand how and where to apply for the process. It shall give you clarity on what you need to do while registering. Feel free to ask if you have any other queries. Hope this helps.
Is it mandatory to open a bank account with SPICe +?
Yes, all the new companies getting incorporated through SPICe + need to compulsorily open a bank account in form AGILE PRO
Hope this helps!
Continue the conversation on TaxQ&A
1 more reply