How to file TDS on rent?
How to file TDS on Rent (Form 26QC)?
You can file TDS on Rent (Form 26QC) in following manner:
- Go to TIN NSDL website,
- Click on TDS on Rent of Property tab,
- Select Online form for furnishing TDS on Rent of Property (Form 26QC) from the left side menu
- Click on Form 26QC and and fill the following Form, PAN of the tenant and landlord must be correctly mentioned in the form. You can not proceed with invalid PAN while filing form.
- There are two modes of payment at the bottom of the page:
- E-tax payment immediately i.e, Online payment of TDS. This option is exercised when you wish to make payment of TDS from your net banking account.
- E-tax payment on subsequent date i.e, by visiting any of the bank branches. This option should be exercised when you wish to make payment of TDS via cheque or manual mode.
- On successful payment, a challan counterfoil will be displayed containing CIN, payment details and bank name through which e-payment has been made. You can verify the status of the challan in the Challan Status Inquiry at NSDL website using CIN after week.
What are the details required to file Form 26QC?
Following details are required to file Form 26QC:
- PAN of tenant and landlord,
- Address of the tenant and landlord as well as property being let out,
- Period of Tenancy,
- Total value of Rent Payable,
- Value of Rent Paid in Last Month,
- Date of Payment/ Credit
- Total amount paid/ credited
- Date of Tax Deduction
1.I have filed Form 26QC, but forgot to save the acknowledgement number generated. How to find the same?
Acknowledgement number can be retrieved in following 3 ways:
- From TIN NSDL by entering PAN of tenant and landlord, Total Amount and Financial Year Or
- From Form 26AS of the tenant Or
- From TRACES.
2. Do NRI tenant needs to file TDS on rent (Form 26QC)?
Yes, NRI tenants also needs to file TDS on rent if the payment of rent paid by them to the landlord is more than Rs. 50,000 per month.