What is ITR V Acknowledgement Form?
ITR V Acknowledgement Form means Income Tax Return Verification Form. It is also known as ITR V (Acknowledgement). When a taxpayer files the ITR (Income tax return), they receive ITR V on their registered e-Mail ID from the Income Tax Department (ITD). The taxpayers also have the option to download the ITR V Acknowledgement Form from the Income Tax e-Filing website. The process of ITR filing is not complete unless the ITR is verified by the taxpayer. You can either e-Verify Income Tax return or send ITR V to CPC Bangalore.
A taxpayer can access details of all his ITR filings by logging into Income Tax e-Filing Portal. Income Tax e-Filing Portal has all the details of a particular PAN holder.
Sample ITR V Form
Steps to Download ITR V (Acknowledgement)
- Go to Income Tax e-Filing platform
Log in using valid credentials on the e-Filing portal.
- View Filed Returns
Click on e-File > Income Tax Returns > View Filed Returns
- Download Receipt
Click on the option to download receipt which is the acknowledgement form.
Steps to send ITR V to Income Tax Department, CPC Bangalore
- Print the ITR-V document
- Take a print out of ITR-V. Print out should be only in black ink. Make sure that the printed copy is readable. Please use the InkJet/ Laser Printer to print the ITR-V. The use of a dot matrix printer should be avoided. Do not print any watermarks on printed ITR-V
- Sign the document
- Sign the ITR-V. Use blue ink pen for signature. Photocopy of the signature will not be accepted. Signature of a taxpayer should not be on Barcode. Barcode and numbers below barcode should be clearly visible in ITR-V
- Take precautions
- Do not write anything on the back of the paper. Additionally, use A4 size paper. For Original and Revised Returns ITR-V, do not print them back to back. Moreover, do not staple the forms
- Deliver the document
- Enclose your ITR-V in a white A4 size envelope and send the envelope either through speed post or ordinary post. Do not send it via registered post. No need to submit any supporting documents or annexures along with ITR-V
- Delivery address
- Send the envelope to the following address within 120 days from the date of filing of ITR: Centralized Processing Centre, Income Tax Department, Bengaluru 560100
Once ITR-V will reach the CPC Bangalore, you will receive an email confirmation of the same. Your ITR will be processed by the IT department once it is verified.
Delay in Verification of ITR
There are cases where there is genuine hardship a taxpayer faces due to which they could not e-verify the return. The taxpayer can file a condonation delay request on the Income Tax e-Filing portal. However, such relief is given to taxpayers based on certain criteria.
- There is a genuine hardship on merits
- The claim is genuine and correct
- Income for the particular ITR filed is not assessable in the hands of any other person
ITR-V is a password-protected document. The password is your PAN in lower case followed by your Date of Birth in DD/MM/YYYY format.
Once ITR is filed by you, you need to verify ITR. You can verify your ITR online through e-verification or you can send it to the Income Tax Department.
You can verify your return in an offline manner. In that case, you have to send a signed copy of ITR-V to Centralized Processing Centre, Income Tax Department, Bengaluru – 560500. You can send ITR-V within 120 days from the date of filing return. You can send ITR-V by normal post or speed post (Not by courier or Registered post).
Yes, you can download ITR-V of all the previous years for which you have e-Filed your Income Tax Return (ITR). You can not download the acknowledgment of the year for which you have not e-Filed your ITR.
Anyone who is registered on the e-Filing portal can view the forms filed by them or on behalf of them by their authorized representative.