ITR-2A form for Income from Multiple House Property [Discontinued]
What is ITR-2A?
ITR-2A was introduced in FY 2014-15 (AY 2015-16). ITR-2A was for Individuals and HUFs who had Salary Income and owned more than one House Property. The ones with Capital Gains could not use this form. This form has been discontinued from FY 2016-17 (AY 2017-18) onwards. From FY 2016-17 onwards you can file ITR-2 instead of ITR-2A.
You can download form ITR-2A in PDF from here.
Who can file ITR-2A?
This return can be used by an individual/HUF whose total income includes…
- Salary Income
- Income from House property (Single or multiple house properties)
- Income from Other sources
- Agricultural/exempt income (no limits)
Who can not file ITR-2A?
This return cannot be used in case of following incomes…
- Income from Capital Gains
- Business or Profession Income
- Income from Foreign sources and/or having any foreign asset
Structure of ITR-2A
|PART A- GENERAL||Personal Information||Name, Address, Date of Birth, PAN, contact details.|
|Filing Status||Employer Category, Tax status, Residential status, Return filed under section.|
|PART B-TI||Computation of total income|
|PART B-TTI||Computation of tax liability on total income||The Bank Account details, Verification and TRP details (if any) are to be provided here|
|Schedule IT||Details of Advance Tax and Self Assessment Tax Payments||BSR code, Date of Deposit, Chalan number, Tax Paid|
|Schedule TDS||TDS1: Details of Tax Deducted at Source from SALARY||TAN of Employer, Employer Name, Tax Deducted, etc.|
|Schedule TDS||TDS2: Details of Tax Deducted at sources from Income other than Salary (As per FORM 16A)||TAN, Name of Deductor, Year of Deduction, Tax deducted, etc.|
|Schedule S||Details of Income from Salary||Name and PAN of the Employer, Address of the Employer, Salary, Perquisites, Allowance, etc.|
|Schedule HP||Details of Income from House Property||Details of House Property, Name and PAN of the Co-owners and Tenants, Details of Rent Income, Interest payable on Borrowed Capital, etc.|
|Schedule OS||Income from Other Sources||A dividend, Interest, Rental income from machinery, Winnings from lotteries, Crossword puzzles, Races, Games, etc.|
|Schedule CYLA||Details of income after setoff of current year losses|
|Schedule BFLA||Details of income after Set off of Brought Forward Losses of earlier years|
|Schedule CFL||Details of Losses to be carried forward to the future years|
|Schedule VI-A||Deductions under Chapter VI-A||Deductions under section 80C, 80CCC, 80CCG, 80D, 80DDB, 80E, 80G, 80TTA etc.|
|80G||Details of donations||Name of Donee, Address, City or District, State Code, PAN of Donee, Amount, etc.|
|Schedule SPI||Income of specified persons (spouse, minor child etc.) included in the income of the assessee (income of the minor child, in excess of Rs. 1500 per child, to be included)||Name and PAN of Person, Relationship, Nature of Income, Amount.|
|Schedule SI||Income chargeable to income tax at special rates||Description of Special Rate Income, Special Rate, Income, Taxable Income after adjusting min. chargeable to tax, Tax thereon.|
|Schedule EI||Details of Exempt Income (Income not to be included in Total Income)||Interest income, Dividend, Agricultural Income, etc.|
|Schedule 5A||Information regarding the appointment of income between spouses governed by Portuguese Civil Code||Name and PAN of spouse, income received under different heads, amount appointed in the hands of the spouse, TDS details, etc.|
List of Documents needed to file ITR-2A:
Acquire the given list of documents on the basis of relevant Incomes in order to indulge in smooth filing process.
- PAN (Permanent Account Number)
- Bank account details
- TDS certificates
- Counterfoils of taxes paid
- Details of original return if filing revised return
- Details of notice if filing in response to notice
Documents on the basis of your type of Income:
- Salary income
- Form-16/ Salary slips received from your employer and
- Pension statement/passbook.
- House/Property Income
- Address of the property,
- Coowner details in case the property is coowned,
- In case of house/property loan Interest certificates/repayment certificate from a bank,
- In case of let out property – Rent agreement
- Other sources
- Savings/current account statements/Passbook
- Interest certificates for deposits/bonds/NSC
- PPF account statement/Passbook
- Dividend warrants/counterfoils
- Rent agreement in case of let out machinery
- Details about receipts of any other incomes
- If you’re eligible for any Tax Breaks, you may need to acquire the relevant documents from the list:
- PPF account statement/Passbook
- Fixed deposit certificates/statements
- Mutual fund NAV statements
- ELSS/ULIP/NSC investment details
- Life insurance premium receipts
- Medical insurance premium receipts
- House/property loan interest certificate/repayment statement
- Donation receipts
How to file the ITR-2A?
You can either file your ITR-2A physically or electronically. Since Financial year 2013-14, electronic filing of ITR-2A has been made compulsory for taxpayers having income of more than Rs. 5 Lakhs. Apart from that, if you have foreign assets and income, or you’re seeking a refund or DTAA relief, you need to file your ITR-2A.
In case of Physical submission:
- You can submit the ITR-2A in paper form or
- You can submit the bar-coded return form duly filled.
The department will provide you with an acknowledgement along with stamp of submission on your copy.
In case of Online / Electronic submission:
- You can submit the ITR-2A online after digitally signing the same or
- You can submit the ITR-2A online and subsequently send the signed verification of filed return in ITR-V to Central Processing Center Bangalore within 120 days of filing.
- Or, with the newly introduced EVC, you can avoid sending the ITR-V and get done with the entire process within three to five weeks.
1. Can NRI file ITR-2A?
Yes, NRIs can file ITR-2A. However, residents having income from Foreign sources and/or foreign assets can not file ITR-2A. They will have to file ITR-2
2. Can I file exempt capital gains from securities in ITR-2A?
Yes. If you have income from long term capital gains on which securities transaction tax is paid then you can show the same under Exempt incomes in ITR-2A
3. Can I file ITR-2A for FY 2015-16?
Yes. You can not file ITR-2A for income earned during FY 2015-16. ITR-2A was introduced in FY 2014-15 and was also applicable in FY 2015-16.