How to submit refund reissue request?
Most common reasons for refund failure are incorrect bank details, a wrong address of a residence, name mismatch with the bank account holder, expired cheque or bank account closure. In this case, you can submit refund reissue request to receive refund.
Step-by-step guide to submit refund reissue request:
- Login to your account on www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in,
- Go to My Account > Service Request ,
3. Select Request type as ‘New Request’ and Request Category ‘Refund Reissue’ and click on submit,
4. On the next screen, select the Assessment Year for which you wish to submit refund reissue request and click on ‘Submit’,
5. After clicking submit, fill Bank Account details, Address details and click on ‘Submit’.
6. Click on submit to complete refund reissue request.
It usually takes 3-4 weeks to receive the refund once you submit the refund reissue request
1. I have e-filed my return but have not received my refund yet?
Non-receipt of refund could be due to any of the following reasons:
- ITR not processed yet: If your e-filed return is not processed yet, then refund will be issued once ITR is processed.
- Return processed and no refund: If after the return is processed, if the income tax department determined no refund is due to you.
- ITR processed but refund not reachable: If the refund is determined but the cheque/ ECS credit could not reach you. In that case, you need to submit a request for reissue of refund.
2. Who can submit refund reissue request?
Any taxpayer to whom refund is due can submit refund reissue request. Provided you have an account on income tax e-filing website.
3. What to do if refund status is ‘Refund Returned’?
If your refund status is ‘Refund Returned’ then you can submit a new request for refund from your login on income tax e-filing website.
4. Can I submit refund reissue request for previous years?
Yes, you can submit refund reissue request for the previous years as well. While submitting a request you need to select a relevant assessment year for which you wish to make refund reissue request.