The Permanent Account Number (PAN) is one of the most important documents which is an identity proof. Therefore it is imperative that the information provided on the PAN card is correct or accurate. However, there are cases where the information printed on the PAN card is false or incorrect. In such cases, the applicants can apply for a change/correction in their PAN card through the UTIITSL portal.
There are many cases where individuals have more than one PAN. For instance, if an individual loses his/her PAN card and wants to reissue, but there are discrepancies in the address. In such cases to avoid the hassle involved in applying for re-issuance with an address change, sometimes a person may apply for a new one and end up having two PAN cards and thus has to surrender the duplicate PAN.
Steps to Apply for Change/Correction in PAN
- Visit the UTIITSL portal.
Open the UTIITSL portal first to start the process
- Select For PAN Cards > Apply PAN Card.
Click on the For PAN Cards > Apply PAN Card option from the dashboard.
- Select “Change/Correction in PAN Card“.
Click on the “Change/Correction in PAN Card” option to select it.
- Select “Apply for Change/Correction in PAN Card Details“
Click on the “Apply for Change/Correction in PAN Card Details” option. You can also download the Change/Correction Request form by clicking on the 3rd option.
- Select the form of forwarding the documents
Hence, we move to the application page. Select the form of forwarding the documents by clicking on the respective check-box and enter your PAN number.
- Select the mode of PAN card & Submit
Additionally, select the mode of PAN card you would like to receive. (e-PAN and/or Physical PAN Card). Thus, click on the “Submit” option.
- Enter the details under the “Personal Details” section and click on the “Next” option
Therefore, a reference number will be given to you which shall be used for future reference until the application number is generated. Hence enter the details under the “Personal Details” section and click on the “Next” option at the bottom of the page.
- Fill in the required details in the “Contact Details” section and click on the “Next“.
Hence, we move to the “Contact Details” section. Fill in the required details and click on the “Next” option.
- Fill in the required details in the “Other Details” section and click on the “Next“.
Hence, we move to the “Other Details” page. Enter the details and click on the “Next Step” option.
- Upload all of your supporting documents & click on the “Submit” option
Finally, we move to the “Upload” page. Here, you are supposed to upload all of your supporting documents. Once this process is done, click on the “Submit” option to continue.
- Make Payment
After completing the above process, you will be directed to the payment gateway. Upon successful completion of the payment, the process of change or correction in the PAN card will be initiated.
Any Indian person or HUF applying to make changes in the current details in their Pan Card has to submit:
– A valid government approved ID proof copy (either Aadhaar Card or Driving License or Passport, etc.)
– Valid address proof copy (DL, utility bill, domicile certificate, etc.)
– A valid proof of date of birth (Voter ID card, DL, passport, etc.)
– The individual applicants should also provide two passport size photographs with their application.
You can submit the application in the form “Request for new PAN card or/and Changes or Correction in PAN data” in the following cases:
– When you already have PAN but want a new PAN card,
– When you want to make some changes or corrections in your existing PAN details