Pay Income Tax Online in India: A Step-by-Step Guide
Following are the steps to pay tax online:
Step 1: Go to TIN NSDL e-payment
Step 2: Select Challan No./ INTS 280 for payment of income tax online,
Step 3: Enter Tax Payer Information:
- Select (0021) Income Tax (Other than Companies) if you are an individual taxpayer
- Enter correct PAN of the taxpayer, Address and Assessment Year
- Select Type of Payment i.e, Self Assessment Tax or Advance Tax
Step 4: Select Mode of Payment i.e, Net Banking or Debit Card and click on proceed,
Step 5: Enter address details and proceed to make payment.
Step 6: If you select Net Banking option then login to your net banking account and make the payment of income tax. If you select Debit Card option, enter the card details and proceed to payment.
Step 7: Once tax payment is done, the taxpayer’s counterfoil will be generated. Save the challan and enter the details of the same while filing your ITR.
1. Whom should I contact if I face any issue while making payment online?
If you face any issues while entering details in Challan then you can connect to the TIN call centre on 020-27218080 or write a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you face any issues while making payment of tax then contact your bank.
2. How do I get a duplicate challan for income tax paid?
Bank provides a facility for re-generation of challan online from the bank website. But if it is not possible to re-generate online then contact your bank and request them for duplicate challan.
3. What if I select the wrong Assessment Year while paying Income Tax Online?
If you have selected the wrong assessment year while paying income tax then you can either contact your AO for making necessary changes or you can claim that challan in next years ITR.