The service to generate the electronic verification code is only applicable to the individuals registered on the e-filing portal. This article explains how to generate EVC on the e-filing portal. This service provides the following functions to the users:
- e-Verify an item (Statutory forms, Income Tax Returns, refund reissue request and response against any notice)
- Login to e-Filing portal
- Reset password
- Registered user on e-Filing portal as Individual Taxpayer with valid user ID and password
- Validated and EVC enabled bank account in the e-Filing portal (For Bank Account option)
- Validated and EVC enabled demat account in the e-Filing portal (For Demat Account option)
- PAN linked with bank account (For Net banking option)
- Valid debit card (For Bank ATM option)
- Respective bank account should be linked with PAN and same should be registered at e-Filing (For Bank ATM option)
How to Generate EVC?
- Login to the e-filing portal
Visit the e-filing portal and login using the user ID and password.
- Generating EVC
Click on Services > Generate EVC from the dashboard.
- Procedure to Generate the electronic verification code
On Generate EVC page, select PAN / TAN and click Continue.
- Methods to generate the electronic verification code
Here are the following methods:
Demat Account and Bank ATM
- Net Banking
Upon selecting this option, you will be asked to login via net banking. Select the appropriate bank.
- Generate EVC via Net Banking
Sign in to your bank account using net banking and click on the link to log in to the e-Filing portal. On your Dashboard, click Services > Generate EVC
- EVC Generated Successfully
You will receive the generated EVC on your mobile number and e-mail ID registered on the e-Filing portal and success message will be displayed.
- Generating EVC via Bank Account
On the Generate EVC page, select Through Bank Account and click Continue. A success message will be displayed, and you will receive the EVC on your mobile number and email ID verified by the bank.
- Generating EVC via Demat Account
Select the option to generate EVC via Demat account and click on continue and repeat the above mentioned process. Hence, you will receive a success message with your EVC on your mobile number and email ID verified by NSDL / CDSL.
You can also generate an EVC in an offline mode by visiting your nearest ATM, entering your PIN and selecting the “Generate EVC for Income Tax Filing“. You will receive an EVC on your mobile number and email ID registered with the e-filing portal.
An Electronic Verification Code (EVC) is a 10 digit alphanumeric code that is sent to the registered mobile number of the tax filer while filing his/her returns online.
EVC is valid for 72 hours.