How can I track the status of my GST Return?
When the taxpayer files the GST Return, the system generates an ARN i.e. Application Reference Number. The taxpayer can track the status of the return using the ARN.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to the account on GST Portal
- Click on Services > Returns > Track Return Status
- Select one of the following options to view the return status:
- ARN – Enter the ARN of the filed return
- Return Filing Period – Enter the filing period of the GST Return
- Status – Select the return status from the dropdown list to view the GST Return
All the relevant details of the filed return are displayed – financial year, tax period, ARN, date of filing, mode of filing and status.
The types of status of the GST Return are:
|To be Filed||Return due but not filed|
|Submitted but not Filed||Return validated but pending to be filed|
|Filed-Invalid||Return filed but tax not paid or short paid|