HDFC Securities sends a contract note for all transactions executed on the stock exchange, you can download it from the portal as well. Contract Note is a legal obligation of every stockbroker. In conclusion, it is the confirmation of trade, done on a particular day on behalf of a client on a stock exchange. Your broker sends it by End of day.
Additionally, this document is also sent digitally signed in an electronic format. Moreover, to view the details of segment-wise profit and loss, the taxpayer can download the Tax P&L Statement from their HDFC Trading portal. These documents are used while calculating and filing Income Tax on Trading.
Steps to Download Contract Note for HDFC Securities Traders
- Visit the HDFC Securities portal and login to your account by entering the following details:
Date of Birth
- Click on the “Reports/Statements“
Select this option from the dashboard
- Click on the “Common Contract Notes“
Select is from the drop-down list.
- Enter the from and to dates in respective boxes
Click on the View Report option to view the report.
- Click on the Contract Note Number
Now you can view the report.
A Sample of the HDFC Securities CNC:
A contract note is a legal record of any transaction carried out on a stock exchange through a stockbroker. therefore, it is the confirmation of trade done on a particular day on behalf of a client on a stock exchange.
Tax Audit is required when the turnover of a taxpayer exceeds INR 1 Cr in a particular Financial year and if the net profit from such transactions is less than 6% of the turnover. Filing Tax Audit is compulsory in order to file ITR. Moreover, a Tax Audit Report can only be filed by a CA.
A valid contract note should have the following details in a structured format:
1. SEBI registration number of the Trading Member
2. Details of your trades like Traded security & Quantity, Brokerage Charged, Details of other Service Charges Order Number, Trade Number, Trade Price, Trade execution Time, etc.
3. Signature of Authorized Signatory or Digital Signature in Electronic format
4. Bylaws and regulations pertaining to Arbitration