Startup India Scheme is a flagship program by the Government of India to boost entrepreneurship and startup ecosystem in India. The objective of the Scheme was to build a strong ecosystem for promoting innovation and startups in the country. In order to register for the Startup India Scheme, you need to adopt the following Startup India Registration procedure.
- Register on Startup India Page:
Click on Register on Startup India Website.
For this, you will require – Name, Email, Mobile Number.
Create and re-enter the Password.
- After the registration is complete.
You will be required to login to your account using email id and password
- Fill in the Basic Information
1. Stage of the Startup
Ideation- There exists an idea for the product or the service the startup will deal in
Validation- A MVP(Minumum Value Product) has been developed for the market
Early Traction- the startup has acquired customers and started generating revenue
Scaling- The startup has stabilized and has begun to generate profits
6. Brief: You can either write the text and insert a link for the brief. It is a description of a startup- its products, services, mission, vision, etc.
- Enter Startup Details
1. Upload the Company/Entity Logo
2. Confirm that the logo belongs to your company/institution
3. Website Link- optional
4. Mobile App Link-optional
- Confirm other Startup details
1. If the company if Recognized by DIPP(Now known as DPIIT- Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade)
2. Funding for the company
Funded- Invested by an external investor
Bootstrapped- Funded using the Founder/Director’s investment
3. Udyog Adhaar-Optional
- Enter Team Information
1. Member’s Name
2. Member’s Role
3. Profile Picture- Optional
4. Member’s Profile- education, background, past work experience, etc. Also,
you can also attach a link to the member’s profile
5. Linkedin URL- Optional
6. Twitter URL- Optional
7. If the case, there is more than one member, you can add more members to the Team profile
- Add Business Plan of your startup, it may help to get in touch with investors.
However, this field is optional and can be avoided.
- Select the entities you want to get in touch with
5. Other Startups
- A Pop-up message will be displayed saying- the profile has been saved and the changes will be displayed after 24 hours of moderation.
After it in the case the startup is not recognized by DIPP (DPIIT), an option will be provided to register.
Click on the option of ‘Get Registered’ in the pop-up box.
The application shall be accompanied by
1. A copy of Certificate of Incorporation or Registration, as the case may be, and
2. A write-up about the nature of business highlighting how it is working towards innovation, development or improvement of products or processes or services.
Yes. On successful registration, you would be able to download a system generated verifiable certificate of recognition.
The cost of registration of a sole proprietor company is nearly Rs 2,500 while that of a partnership firm is nearly Rs 5,000. If you incorporate a private (LLP or LLC) company with a minimum authorised capital of Rs 1,00,000, the registration will cost you approx. Rs 7,000.