Employers and organizations have the authority to deduct the Tax at source (TDS). Hence, they can verify the TDS form filed on the Income Tax e-Filing portal. The TDS statement/ includes details such as the TAN, PAN number, particulars of the tax paid to the government, information regarding the TDS challan among other details as required in the forms that are to be submitted.
Steps to view Filed TDS Form
- Visit the e-Filing portal
Login to the e-Filing portal using valid credentials.
- View Filed TDS Form
Click on e-File > Income Tax Forms > View Filed Forms
- TDS Forms
Upon clicking on the option to view the filed forms, you will be redirected to the page showing the list of forms filed previously.
Deductor/collector is required to furnish one regular TDS/TCS statement for a particular TAN, Form, Financial year and quarter. In case there are any additions/updates to be made to the details of the regular statement accepted at the TIN central system, the same should be done by furnishing a correction statement.
Follow these steps to check TDS credit in Form 26AS.
– Go to the Income Tax Website
– Login to the portal
– Under the My Account tab click on ‘View Form 26AS’
– Select PDF format and desired year to download
– Open the PDF file. Use your date of birth mentioned in your PAN to access the document.
– Login to the Income Tax Website
– Under the My Account section click on ‘Refund/Demand Status’
– The Status of your TDS Return will be shown below.