How to apply for name reservation through RUN Service?
Earlier application for name reservation was done through INC-1 form. And Director Identification Number (DIN) of the director of the proposed company was mandatory for filing INC-1. Hence first an application for DIN needed to be made through DIR-3 and then name reservation was done. But now with the introduction of new incorporation scheme, name reservation can be done through RUN Service without DIN.
What are the changes in the process of opc incorporation?
To apply for reservation of name through RUN Service, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account on MCA Portal.
- Go to MCA Services > Company Services > RUN (Reserve Unique Name)
- Select an appropriate option for reserving a name i.e; Entity Type as Private (OPC) if reserving a name for OPC or New Company (Others) if reserving name for Private Limited Company,
- Enter CIN (Corporate Identification Number) if you are applying for a change in the name of an existing company, not applicable in case of name reservation for a new company,
- Enter 2 proposed name and click on auto check,
- The system performs the primary check for the name entered and displays the message whether it is valid or invalid,
- The object of the proposed company, in brief, needs to be mentioned in the comment section,
- If there are any relevant documents supporting the proposed name, then it can be attached too. But the size of the file should not exceed 6 MB.
- Click on Submit,
- You will be directed to a payment screen. A fee of Rs. 1,000 is charged for every RUN Form. The request is only submitted after the payment is made. And there is no option to make payment with the pay later challan,
- Upon successful submission, SRN and a Challan will be generated. The SRN can be used to track the status of name approval on MCA portal,
- When a proposed name is approved or rejected by the authority, an acknowledgement letter of approval or rejection of the proposed name is sent to the registered email ID of the MCA account from which the request was submitted,
- The applicant has a period of 20 days to file the remaining incorporation forms from the date of acknowledgement letter to incorporate a company.
It is advised to check the available names of proposed company before filing RUN form to avoid rejection.
1. Is DSC of director required for name reservation application in RUN Form?
No, Digital Signature Certificate of a director is not required for making an application in RUN Form. Earlier in INC-1 form, DSC of a director was required.
2. Is ‘Re-submission’ allowed?
Yes. Re-submission of RUN form is allowed by the MCA in cases where name contains trademark of some other entity or is found not suitable as per Guidelines issued by MCA for name approval.