How can I apply for reservation of LLP name through RUN-LLP service of MCA?
Earlier, there were four different forms (Form DIR-3, Form 1, Form 2 and Form 3) for the entire process of LLP incorporation which comprised of application for DPIN allotment, name approval and incorporation.
Recently, MCA (Ministry of Corporate Affairs) revised the rules for DIN/DPIN allotment and incorporation of the company or LLP. As per the revised rules, the company can now incorporate an LLP through two simple steps:
- RUN-LLP service – Applying for reservation of name of the proposed LLP
- Form FiLLiP – Applying for DPIN allotment and Incorporation of the LLP once MCA approves the LLP name
Steps to apply for reservation of name through RUN-LLP service
- Log in to your account on MCA Portal
- Go to MCA Services > LLP Services > RUN-LLP (Reserve Unique Name-LLP)
- Select an appropriate option for reserving a name i.e. for incorporating a new LLP or converting into LLP
- Enter LLPIN if you are applying for the change of name for an existing LLP
- Enter two proposed names and click on the Auto check
- The system does a primary check for the names entered and displays a message whether it is valid or invalid
- In the comments section, describe the objects of the proposed LLP. The officer would accept or reject the name reservation request based on this description
- If there are any sectoral regulator approvals, NOCs or any other required documents, the applicant should attach such documents too
- Click on Submit
- Next screen is the payment screen on which a fee of Rs.200 is payable. Once the payment is made, the applicant can submit the request. There is no option to make payment with the PayLater option
- On successful submission, an SRN and a Challan would be generated. The applicant can use the SRN to track the status of name approval on MCA
- MCA would send the acknowledgement letter for approval or rejection of the proposed name to the registered email ID of the MCA account from which the applicant had submitted the request
- The applicant has a period of 3 months to file for incorporation of the LLP from the date of acknowledgement letter received on email
1. Is DPIN of designated partner required for making application for reservation of name under RUN-LLP service?
No. The applicant does not need DPIN of the designated partner for making application for name reservation in the RUN-LLP service. Earlier, it was compulsory to hold a DPIN for making application for approval of name of an LLP through Form 1.
2. Is digital signature of designated partner required for making application for reservation of name under RUN-LLP service?
No. The applicant does not need the digital signature of the designated partner for making application for name reservation in the RUN-LLP service. Earlier, it was compulsory to have a DSC i.e. digital signature for making application for approval of name of an LLP through Form 1.