On registering on the eWay Bill Portal, the registered businesses and unregistered transporters receive a User ID and are able to set a password for themselves so they can login to the portal. Additionally, unregistered transporters obtain a Transporter ID or TRANS ID. All three credentials are extremely important in order to Generate an EWB. However, it can be a problem if the user forgot the username or TRANS ID or the password. Moreover, if the password is wrongly entered three times continuously, then the EWB portal will freeze. Hence, the user will not be able to take any action on the portal for the next 5 minutes.
Steps to Recover Username on the EWB Portal
- Visit the EWB portal
Visit the e-Way Bill Portal Login page. Click on the “Forgot Username” option.
- Enter the required details
Enter the GSTIN or the Transporter ID and the registered mobile number in the respective fields. Enter the captcha code from the image and click on “Go.”
- Intimation received
Once the application is submitted, the user receives an SMS on their registered mobile number.
Steps to Generate New Password on the EWB Portal
- Step 1: Visit the eWay Bill Portal Login page.
- Step 2: Click on the “Forgot Password” option.
- Step 3: Enter the User name and the GSTIN or TRANS ID in the respective fields.
- Step 4: Additionally, enter the captcha code from the image shown and the registered mobile number. Thus, click on the “Send OTP” option.
- Step 5: Hence, the user will receive an OTP via SMS on their registered mobile number. Using this, the user can log in to their account and create a new password for their account.
Steps to Recover TRANS ID from the EWB Portal to Login to the eWay Bill Portal
- Step 1: Visit the e-Way Bill Portal Login page.
- Step 2: Click on the “Forgot TRANS ID” option.
- Step 3: Select the State from the drop-down list and enter the PAN number in the respective fields.
- Step 4: Hence, enter the captcha code from the image shown and click on the “Send OTP” option.
- Step 5: Hence, enter the OTP received on the registered mobile number. Finally, click on “Go.”
After the completion of this process, you will receive TRANS ID via SMS on your registered mobile number.
This indicates that you are trying to Log into the EWB Account with an incorrect username or password. Please check the username and password being used to login to the system. If you have forgotten the username or password, then use the ‘Forgot Trans ID’ or ‘Forgot Password’ facility provided on the portal to recollect your username or create a new password accordingly.
This is indicating that your account has been frozen because you might have canceled your registration or your GSTIN has been de-activated in the GST Common Portal. Visit the GST Common Portal to find the status of your GSTIN under the “Search Taxpayer” tab. In case you are able to Log in on the GST Portal but are not able to log on to the e-Way Bill portal, please lodge your grievance at the portal.