If a taxpayer is liable to audit as per Section 44AB of the Income Tax Act, he/she must appoint a Chartered Accountant in practice to conduct a tax audit. The CA would prepare and upload the Tax Audit Report on the Income Tax e-Filing portal. Once the audit report is filed, the taxpayer should accept / reject tax audit report. Once the audit report is filed, the taxpayer can file the Income-Tax Return. In this article, we discuss the 4 important functions when it comes to audit report filing on the income tax portal:
- Taxpayer appoints practicing CA for Tax Audit
- CA accepts/rejects the appointment
- CA file the Tax Audit Report
- Taxpayer accepts/rejects Tax Audit Report
Steps to Accept and File Tax Audit Report on Income Tax E-Filing Portal
- Login to Income Tax E-Filing Portal
Log in to income tax e-filing portal with valid username and password
- View Worklist
Navigate to the profile and click on the worklist option.
- Accept Option
Under the “For your action” section, click on the accept option for the form request.
- File Form
Clicking on accept form would take you to the pending for filing section. Click on the option to file form.
- Verify details
Verify the details presented on the screen and click on continue.
- Upload filled forms
In the next window, upload the supporting documents such as balance sheet, profit & loss, cost audit, etc.
- File Audit Report
Finally, attach the DSC and submit the form.
Approving your Audit Repost is easy and can be done in 5 steps:
1. Log in to Income Tax Department Website with your Client ID.
2. Go to “Worklist” and click on “For Your Action”
3. Under the “For Your Action” tab click on “Click Here”
4. Search your Form by filtering the Assessment Year and Form Name. 5. Click on ‘View Form’
6. Click on “Approve” and Choose your Signature File.
A Tax Audit Report should be filed anytime before the due date of filing the Report. The last date to file the Report this year is September 30. Please note that the Tax Auditor should submit the Tax Audit Report online by using his login details in the capacity of ‘Chartered Accountant’. Taxpayers must also add the details of their Chartered Accountant in their login portal.
Yes, it can be revised. If you wish to revise your Tax Audit Report, please keep in mind that the Report should be submitted in a manner as prescribed by the Institute in SA-560 (Revised) “Subsequent Events”.