A taxpayer who has paid a GST Challan can track the status of his payment on the GST Portal i.e. gst.gov.in. The taxpayer can track the GST payment status directly on the GST Portal or by logging into his account on the GST Portal.
Track GST Payment Status – without logging to the GST Portal
- Go to GST Portal
Click on Services > Payments > Track Payment Status
- Enter GSTIN i.e. GST Identification Number, CPIN i.e. Common Portal Identification Number and Captcha Text.
Now, click on Track Status
- You can now view the Payment Status
1. Failed / Not Paid – Click on View Challan and make the payment after entering the relevant details
2. Paid – Click on View Receipt and download it for your records
Track GST Payment Status – after logging to the GST Portal
Step 1: Login to your account on GST Portal
Step 2: Go to Services > Payments > Challan History
Step 3: Select the option ‘Search by CPIN‘ to enter the CPIN of Challan OR Select the option ‘Search by Date‘ to enter the From date and To date of the Challan
Step 4: Click on the ‘I Will Search‘. The list of challans with Payment Status is displayed
Step 5: Click on CPIN. If the payment status is:
- Failed / Not Paid – Make the payment after entering the relevant details
- Paid – Download the receipt for your records
- Challan expired – Generate a new challan and make the payment
You have to login on GSTN portal and fill the particulars of the challan online and thus the challan is generated on GSTN portal will provide a unique 14 digit ID (CPIN).
After the successful completion of a transaction, the bank will populate a Challan Identification Number (CIN) which will be a unique 17 digit number containing 14 digit CPIN and unique 3digit Bank code. This CIN is an indicator of a successful transaction, you can also check your online Bank statement to verify the tax payment.
1. Initiated – If no intimation has been received from Bank
2. Paid – CIN i.e. Challan Identification Number has been issued to the taxpayer
3. Not Paid – Default status on generating a challan
4. Failed – failure to make payment for an online transaction
5. Paid at tax office – when a taxpayer makes payment at the commercial tax office counter
6. Awaiting Bank Confirmation – when the bank has not yet authenticated the transaction in case of internet banking
7. Awaiting Bank Clearance – Instrument (cheque/DD) deposited in case of Over The Counter mode
8. Expired – No payment initiated within 15 days of generation of challan
9. Cheque/DD Dishonored – when cheque or demand draft has been dishonoured due to insufficient funds or any other reason
10. Transaction Failed – when transaction initiated through Internet Banking or Credit Card/Debit Card has failed
11. MoE Reversal – Memorandum of Error not in favour of the taxpayer
12. No Response from Bank – No response received from the bank
13. Blocked – CPIN is blocked by accounting authorities