TRACES means TDS Reconciliation Analysis and Correction Enabling System. It is the online portal for administration and implementation of TDS (Tax Deducted at Source) and TCS (Tax Collected at Source). To Register DSC on TRACES or for KYC validation using DSC, it is mandatory to download and install WebSocket emSigner. Thus, the deductor should download the WebSigner Utility from his/her account on TRACES.
Steps to Download and Install emsigner
- Log in to TRACES
- Navigate to Requested Downloads
Therefore, go to Downloads > Requested Downloads
- Download the Websigner utility
Thus, click on the ‘Click here’ button to download the WebSigner Utility
- TRACES Websigner Setup V2.0
Click on the “TRACES Websigner Setup V2.0” to download the Emsigner setup.
- Install the software
Click on the “RUN” option after downloading the file.
- Ensure the following requirements are available before installing the software:
– JRE 7 or above (version 32-bit only) in your machine
– Internet connectivity (without any proxy)
– Admin rights on the machine
- Unzip the file
Unzip the setup file and click open the executable file and click on the option “RUN” to start the installation process.
- Download procedure
Select the destination location and click on “Next“
- Install the software
Click on the option to install the software.
- Complete the installation process
After the installation process is complete, click on the option “Finish“
- Select the DSC certificate and enter the password
When you log in to TRACES, use the digital signature certificate. Hence, the WebSocket emSigner window will appear. Hence, select the relevant DSC certificate and enter the password
The following are the system requirements to download and install the websocket emsigner:
1. Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browser
2. JRE 7 or above (version 32-bit only)
3. Internet connectivity (without any proxy)
4. ADMIN rights on the machine
This is a technical error. Therefore, please ensure that WebSigner Setup is installed and service is running on your machine. Also, ensure that there are no proxies enabled on the browser while doing DSC activities. Here are the steps to resolve the error:
1. Uninstall the Java Utility and EmSigner
2. Install JAVA 8 Update 162 32-bit version only
3. Download TRACES Web Signer Setup V 2.0 setup file from TRACES
4. Install DSC drivers on your computer
5. Update your Chrome (if it is of Older version)
6. Clear cache & cookies from your browser
7. Restart your computer
8. Run EmSigner as administrator