LLP Form 11 is the Annual Return of Limited Liability Partnership (LLP). LLPs have to file this return each year with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs on MCA Portal to maintain compliance and avoid penalties.
Filing of LLP Form 11 is a mandatory annual compliance for all LLPs, irrespective of turnover or profit or business activity. Hence, even a LLP that has no activity it must file LLP form 11.
LLPs should submit this Form within 60 days of closure of the financial year. It is important to ensure that all the information in the form is correct as there is no provision for resubmission of Form 11 Annual Return.
Information Required to File LLP Form 11
The following information and documents are required for filing LLP Annual Return:
- LLP Identification Number
- Name of the LLP
- Registered office address of the LLP
- Business Classification of the LLP (Business, Profession, Service, Occupation, Others)
- Principal business activities of the LLP
- Details of Designated Partners and Partners of the LLP
- Total obligation of the contribution of partners of the LLP
- Total contribution received by all partners of the LLP
- Summary of Designated Partners and Partners
- Particulars of penalties imposed on the LLP, if any
- Particulars of compounding offenses, if any
- Details of LLP and or company in which Partner/Designated Partner are a Director/Partner (It is mandatory to attach this detail in case any Partner/Designated Partner is a partner in any LLP and/or Director in any company)
Sample Form 11
Consequences for non-filing of an LLP Annual Return
LLPs are liable to a stringent fine for late filing of MCA or Income Tax returns. If the LLPs fails to file Form 8 or Form 11, then this could lead towards a fine of Rs.100 every day perform. Subsequently, if an LLP fails to file Form 11, then it would lead towards a fine of Rs.100 every day and if an LLP fails to file Form 8, then it would lead towards a fine of Rs.200 every day.
Digital Signature of Both Designated Partners and knowledge of basic details of the LLP.
If the total contribution of partners of LLP exceeds Rs. 50 Lakhs or Turnover of LLP exceeds Rs. 5 Crore, certification by Practicing Company Secretary will be Mandatory.
List of Companies/ LLPs in which Partners or Designated Partners are Directors/ Partners
No. There is no such option to revise Form 11 once filed. Hence, utmost care must be taken while filing the form.
Every LLP is required to prepare and close its accounts until the 31st March every year. LLP Form 8 is to be filed by at least two Designated Partners with the Registrar within 30 days after completion of six months of Financial Year. Accordingly, 30th October is the last date for filing annual accounts every year.