To understand your trading activity and the income tax compliances, you need certain documents like Tax P&L, Ledger, Holding Statement, etc. But, before you get any of these documents you first need to have a Kotak Securities Account and log in.
This article will guide you through the following:
How to Create and Log in to Kotak Securities?
Here’s how you can open a trading account online with Kotak Securities by following these steps:
- Visit the Kotak Securities website.
You can access it from here.
- Fill in your details.
Such as your Name, Mobile Number and City.
- Click on Open an account now
As seen below:
- A sales representative from Kotak Securities will contact you on your registered number.
They will take it from there.
- During the IPV there are documents required by the sales representative.
– Self-attested PAN copy;
– Self-attested Aadhaar copy;
– Passport size photo;
– Bank account details that are to be linked with the Demat account;
– And, the signature of the account holder will also be required.
- Once these documents are verified your account will open.
You will receive a confirmation for the same.
- Kotak Securities login
Once your account is activated you can navigate to the website and log in
How to download Holding Statement for Kotak traders?
Here’s how you can download the Holding Statement from your account:
- Step 1: Visit the Kotak Securities portal and log in by entering the required details.
- Step 2: Click on Reports. Select the DP Holdings option from the dashboard
- Step 3: Next, click on the download option. It is located at the bottom of the page
How to download Tax Profit and Loss Report?
- Step 1: Visit the Kotak Securities portal and log in to your account by entering the required details.
- Step 2: Next, the top bar go to “Reports“. Select “Trades”
- Step 3: The Trading report is now displayed. There is an option to download the report. To download click on the “Down arrow” and choose “Excel“
- Step 4: The file will be downloaded on your PC under the Downloads section.
How to download Ledger for Kotak securities traders?
- Step 1: Log in to your Kotak Securities portal
- Step 2: Go to Services. Next, click on Account services
- Step 3: Click on View my ledger
- Step 4: Select the necessary filters and Click on Go. Click on NSE for details
- Step 5: You can now view your Ledger Entries
This statement represents your trading profits and losses and is used to calculate your Tax liability. Therefore, it is needed to file an ITR 3.
Demat accounts hold securities and certificates of stocks, shares, etc electronically while a Trading account lets you buy or sell those securities in the stock market.
Yes. An Individual can have as many trading accounts as they want. Additionally, you can link the same bank account with different trading accounts. However, you can’t have multiple accounts linked with the same broker.