Joint Declaration Form: Change details in PF account

Many a time it happens that a withdrawal claim is denied if the Provident Fund account of the applicant does not reflect the correct information. Errors like having a typo in the name on your PF account or an incorrect date of birth seem like a minute error but can lead to a lot of hassle at the time of withdrawal.

It is important that your PF account displays the correct information. If your PF account is reflecting incorrect details, there are two ways to rectify them. Basic details can be rectified from the UAN portal itself, whereas some changes need to be made by filling a joint declaration form.

Updating details through UAN portal

EPFO has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar Card with UAN. Once the UAN is linked to Aadhaar, it is difficult to make any changes to the PF account.

However, some basic changes can still be made directly from the UAN portal even if the Aadhaar Card is verified. These details include change in qualification, marital status, salutation and address.

Here’s how you can change these details on the UAN portal:

  1. Login to your UAN Account
  2. Next, Navigate to “View” and click on “Profile”
  3. Lastly, click o the edit icon against the details you want to change and save the changes made.

Joint Declaration Form

For certain details like name, father’s name, etc., a Joint Declaration form is to be filed since these details are verified against the user’s Aadhaar and are not easily editable.

The details that can be changed/ corrected through a Joint Declaration form are:

  • Name
  • Father/ Husband’s Name
  • PF/ EPS Account No.
  • Date of Birth
  • Joining Date
  • Date of leaving

How to fill a Joint Declaration form

It is mandatory to physically submit the Joint Declaration form to the PF Office with which the establishment is registered.

  1. The Joint Declaration Letter is to be physically submitted to the PF Office with which the establishment is registered. The jurisdiction of the PF office with which your establishment is registered can be viewed on the homepage after logging in to the EPFO Portal.
  2. Mention the name of the employee whose details you want to rectify along with the name of the establishment.
  3. Next, enter the correct details, i.e. the details you want to be reflected on your PF account.
  4. In the next column, mention the details that are erroneous, i.e. the ones you want to correct.
  5. Attach self-attested proofs as may be required to support the correction claim you are making. Example: If you want to change errors in your name, you can attach a self-attested copy of PAN Card or Aadhaar Card.
  6. Lastly, get the form signed by the applicant and authorised signatory for the establishment and submit the form to your PF office.
Joint Declaration Form
Download the joint declaration form here
Joint Declaration Form
Download the joint declaration form here