To understand your trading activity and the income tax compliances, you need certain documents like Tax P&L, Contract notes, Holding Statement, etc. But, before you get any of these documents you first need to have a Sharekhan Demat account and log in.
This article will guide you through the following:
How to Create and Log in to Sharekhan?
- Visit the Sharekhan website
Click on Open an account. You can access it here.
- Click on Open trading account
As seen below:
- After that, fill in your details
- Next, click on Open trading account
As seen below:
- Online process of account opening is completed
Finally, the process is offline from here.
- A sales representative will shortly contact you
After that, will require documents such as:
-Passport size photo
-Canceled cheque or bank passbook to link with your account
- Finally, once your documents get processed, your account will get activated.
You will receive a notification for the same.
8. Sharekhan login
Once your account is activated, navigate to the website and enter your user id and password and click on login.
How to download Ledger for Sharekhan traders?
Here’s how you can download the ledger from your account:
- Step 1: Log in to Sharekhan portal
- Step 2: Click on Reports
- Step 3: Select the ledger of any segment that you want to view. Eg: Equity Ledger Summary
- Step 4: From the options, click on Equity Ledger Summary
- Step 5: Select the necessary filters. Click on Show. You can now view your Ledger summary.
- Step 6: Click on the excel sheet to download the ledger. You can view it from your PC
How to download Tax Profit and Loss Report?
- Step 1: Log in to the Sharekhan portal and login to your account.
- Step 2: Search for Scrip summary. You can do this from the search bar. You can view the scrip summary separately for all the segments i.e Equity or F&O.
- Step 3: Now you can now view your Scrip summary from the dashboard
- Step 4: Click on the Excel sheet. Click on download your scrip summary
How to download Contract notes for Sharekhan traders?
- Step 1: Visit the Sharekhan portal and click on the “Login/Trade” option
- Step 2: Next, you will be redirected to the login page. Enter the login ID/e-Mail ID and click on the “Next” option. Then fill in the “Membership Password” in the respective field.
- Step 3: After you log in, click on the “Reports” option and select this from the dashboard
- Step 4: Next, click on the “Contract Tracker” option from under the particular column. Select which Contract Note you wish to view/download.
This statement is used to calculate your Tax liability. Therefore, it is needed to file ITR 3.
A Demat account holds securities and certificates of stocks, shares, etc electronically while a Trading account lets you buy or sell those securities in the stock market.
No. The Contract Turnover is the sum of the purchase value and sales value. It is not considered for income tax purposes. However, the Trading Turnover or Business Turnover is the absolute profit i.e. sum of positive and negative differences. Hence, this turnover is considered to determine the applicability of the tax audit and the applicable ITR form. Therefore, Trading Turnover is different from Contract Turnover.