Every taxpayer is assigned a Jurisdictional Assessing Officer (AO) based on their address and their income. This improves the efficiency of carrying out the assessment in a smooth manner. Any communication from the Income Tax Department (ITD) to the taxpayer and from the taxpayer to the AO happens only through jurisdictional AO.
Steps to Search the Details of the Assessing Officer (AO) on UTIITSL
- Visit the UTIITSL Portal
Click on the For PAN Cards > Search for AO Code Details option from the dashboard of the UTIITSL portal homepage.
- Select Non-International Taxation option.
Click on the option shown as below
- Select the first letter of the city
Whose AO details you are looking for.
- Hence, the list of cities will be shown below.
Select the city of whose AO details you are looking for.
- Thus, the details of the Assessing Officer (AO) will be shown in the following manner:
You can also find the details of the Jurisdictional Assessing Officer (AO) on the TIN-NSDL portal.
1. Discovery and inspection
2. Enforcing the attendance of any person, including any officer of a banking company and examining him on oath
3. Compiling the production of books of accounts and other documents