Companies are incorporated with the Ministry Of Corporate Affairs (MCA) in India. And the activities of incorporated companies are monitored by the Registrar of Company (ROC). MGT-14 is used to file certain resolutions and agreement passed at the meeting of the Board of Directors/Shareholders/Creditors of the company. The following documents of a company can be filed with the ROC via MGT-14:
- Postal Ballet Resolution(s) under section 110,
- Proposed resolution under section 94(1).
Who can file MGT-14?
MGT-14 can be filed by any company incorporated under the Companies Act 2013/Companies Act 1956 for the following events/transactions:
- Alteration of MOA,
- Private Placement in the company,
- Alteration of AOA,
- Alteration of Object Clause of the company,
- Change in objects of the company in case the company has a un-utilised amount of money raised through the issue of the prospectus,
- Conversion from private to public company,
- Conversion from the public to a private company,
- Issue further shares to persons (whether or not including existing shareholders or employees),
- Issue of further shares to employees under a scheme of employees’ stock option,
- Reclassification of Shares of the company,
- Issue of sweat equity shares
- To apply to a court to wind- up the company
- Issue of Global Depository Receipts in any foreign country
- Voluntary winding up of the company under section 304,
Information Required to file MGT-14
The following information is required to file MGT-14:
- CIN of the company,
- Type of Event,
- Date of Notice and Date of Passing Resolution for an event,
- Details of the resolution/agreement passed on that event,
Steps to file MGT-14
- Access the MCA Portal
Go to mca.gov.in, and login with your Credentials for filing MGT – 14
- Login to your account
Next, Login to your account on MCA by entering your credentials there.
- Click on Upload e-Forms
You will find a option to upload e-forms there. click on that option.
- Click Normal Forms > Browse
Click on Normal Forms and click on Browse to upload saved MGT-14.
- Save SRN & make payment.
Once the form is uploaded successfully, SRN (Service Request Number) will be generated. Save the SRN to make payment of form fees. The form will be processed once the payment of form fees is done.
Fee of MGT-14
MGT-14 needs to be filed within 30 days from the date of passing the resolution/agreement. In the case of IFSC MGT-14 needs to be filed within 60 days. The fee of form depends on the company capital structure:
- A company having a share capital,
- A company not having a share capital.
In the case of a company having a share capital
|Nominal Share Capital||Fee Applicable|
|Less than 1,00,000||INR. 200|
|1,00,000 to 4,99,999||INR. 300|
|5,00,000 to 24,99,999||INR. 400|
|25,00,000 to 99,99,999||INR. 500|
|1,00,00,000 or more||INR. 600|
In the case of a company not having a share capital
|Rupees INR. 200 per document|
|Period of Delays||All Forms|
|Up to 30 days||2 times of normal fees|
|More than 30 days and up to 60 days||4 times of normal fees|
|More than 60 days and up to 90 days||6 times of normal fees|
|More than 90 days and up to 180 days||10 times of normal fees|
|More than 180 days||12 times of normal fees|
Additional fees are applicable when a form is filed after 30 days from the event date. In the case of IFSC, additional fees will be applicable after 60 days from the date of the event.
MGT-14 needs to be filed by all the companies for the following resolutions:
> Board Resolution passed by the company other than Private Limited Company,
> Special Resolution passed by all the company.
No. For each event/agreement, separate MGT-14 needs to be filed with the ROC.
eForm MGT 14 needs to be filed with the ROC within 30 days from the date of passing of resolution or formulating the agreement