What is ISO Certification?
ISO certification certifies that a management system, manufacturing process, service, or documentation procedure has all the requirements for standardisation and quality assurance.
ISO refers to International Organization for Standardisation. It is an independent organisation that provides standards in terms of quality, safety, and also efficiency of products and services provided by businesses. An ISO registration also enhances the reputation of your service or product. There are different types of ISO certification like ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 5001, etc. To date, they’ve published over 22,600 standards and related documents, applicable to all sorts of industries, from manufacturing to food safety to accounting and health care.
These standards present an approach that has been agreed on by international experts. As a result, the standards themselves are a collection of best practices which promote product compatibility, identify safety issues and share solutions and know-how.
The Need for an ISO Certification for a Company
- Increased Efficiency
- Companies need to do extensive researches on the processes they are following and how to maximize quality and efficiency.
- Increased Revenue
- ISO certified companies have shown improvements in the field of productivity, financial performance as compared to the uncertified ones.
- International Recognition
- The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is recognized worldwide as the authority on quality management. As a result, it gives a platform to reach global customers.
- Since the ISO requires proper documentation of all processes, and changes made, errors or discrepancies, it helps mitigate problems, and provides stability.
- Since all processes are documented, there is a minimum scope of errors. Processes such as research, development, production and shipping is well documented. Additionally, an ISO Certification is a mark of guarantee that every item produced or sold by the business fulfils the standards set at a global level. It also ensures that the company offers only top-notch quality products or services.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Companies can gain the confidence of clients easily because the ISO is a universally accepted standard. ISO certifications leads to goodwill of the business and increases repeat purchases. The perception the customers hold on business increases tenfold and consequently, satisfaction rises.
- Government Tenders
- Additionally, Government tenders and proposals accept tenders of businesses that are ISO certified. There is an increase in partnerships.
- The mark of an ISO 9001 Certification is automatic branding and marketing of a product because it doubles the credibility of a business.
Who issues this certification?
An accredited registrar issues the ISO certification which is the Certification Body (CB). Each CB issues various types of certification. Moreover, it is advisable to choose credible and known CB. Therefore, the list of few CB in India:
- CDG Certification Ltd
- De System Inc.
- SMC India
Types of ISO Certification
There are various types of ISO certification are available such as listed below:
- Quality Management System- ISO 9001:2015
- Occupational Health & Safety Management System- OHSAS 18001
- Anti-bribery management systems- ISO 37001
- Risk Management- ISO 31000
- Information Security Management System- ISO 27001
- Compliant Management System- ISO 10002
- Environment Management System- ISO 14001:2015
- Social Responsibility- ISO 26000
- Security Management- ISO 28000
- Food Safety Management- ISO 22008
- Social accountability- SA 8000
- Energy Management- EnMS EN 16001 ISO 50001
- Testing and calibration laboratories- SO/IEC 17025
- Medical devices- SO 13485
- Language codes- ISO 639
- Currency codes- ISO 4217
- Country codes- ISO 3166
- Date and time format- ISO 8601
- Sustainable events- ISO 20121
- Information security management- SO/IEC 27001
An ISO certification only certifies standards, it has got nothing to do with permits and licenses. Even though you might have an ISO certification, you still need government and authority permission, permits and licenses to work your business.
No, not all ISO accreditations are genuine and valid. It is important for you to pick the right ones.
When you get ISO certified you will receive a certificate bearing a unique certificate number. Using such unique number over accreditation’s body website you can verify that your business is an ISO certified entity.
In simple words, accreditation is a kind of certification but accreditation’ should not be used as an interchangeable alternative for certification or registration.
Trade License is a license or permission issued by a municipal corporation granting permission to carry on a particular business at a particular address. It ensures that the citizens are not adversely affected by health hazard and nuisance by the improper carrying of trade.
Continue the conversation on TaxQ&A