How to register or update a DSC on the GST Portal?
DSC i.e. Digital Signature Certificate is an electronic signature of a taxpayer that is used for authentication to submit applications and file returns under GST. To digitally sign any document under GST, the DSC must be registered on the GST Portal.
To register a DSC on the GST Portal, the following criteria must be met:
- DSC should be PAN based and the type should be Class 2 or Class 3
- DSC must be issued by an authorised certifying authority
- Taxpayer must have a registered login account on the GST Portal
- Download and install em-signer (DSC signer utility) from the GST Portal
- Download and install the software of DSC
To register or update a DSC on the GST Portal, follow these steps:
1. Insert the USB token containing the DSC
2. Run the em-signer GSTN
3. Login to your account on the GST Portal with valid credentials
4. Go to My Profile
5. Click on Register / Update DSC under Quick Links
6. Select PAN from the drop-down of authorized signatories
7. Select the certificate from the pop-up box and click on SIGN
8. Enter the password to authorize the DSC
9. A success message will be displayed on successful registration of DSC
- Is it mandatory for me to use DSC or can I opt for EVC?
To digitally sign documents on the GST Portal, it is compulsory for companies and LLPs to use DSC (Digital Signature Certificate). Other taxpayers like individual, HUF, partnership firms etc can either use DSC or EVC (OTP authentication).