DSC stands for Digital Signature Certificate. DSC is an electronic form of signature. It helps to authenticate the identity of the sender of a message or the signer of the document. DSC is stored in a USB drive. eMudhra, the Certifying Authority appointed by the Controller of Certifying Authority (CAA) issues DSC. Further, you can apply for DSC online by visiting the e-Mudra Site.
Types of DSC
Class 1, 2, and 3 are the types of Digital Signature Certificates. Class 1 is verified against an email address and holds no legal liability. While class 2 confirms against a pre-verified database. Whereas, Class 3 is the highest form of DSC that aids in establishing the identity of the individual in e-commerce and e-tendering.
- Aadhar-based e-KYC Verification DSC: The applicant can apply Aadhar based E-KYC verification DSC using Paperless mode. Further it is an easy and fastest way to make DSC. Therefore the whole process of Paperless DSC will save your time, money, efforts and it is totally secure. Above all you can apply for it through the e-Mudra website which has an option of Paperless DSC.
- PAN-based e-KYC Verification DSC: The greatest advantage of this Pan-based Paperless DSC however, is that one can apply for this type of DSC online anytime or anywhere.
Procedure to apply for DSC online
Follow the below procedure in order to apply for DSC online:
- Visit e-Mudra website
Go to e-Mudra website and click on “Buy Digital Certificate”. Select the class type, user type, certificate validity, certificate type, and KYC option.
- Enter required information for DSC
You will be guided to the Buy Digital Certificate section. Fill in the required information and click on Proceed.
- DSC Application Form will appear.
Fill in all the necessary details in the Form based on your selection Aadhaar or Pan.
- You will receive an OTP on the mobile number registered.
Enter the OTP and Type the desired name and PIN.
- Click on “Verify and Proceed”
Verify and Authenticate with the OTP.
- Make payment for application of Digital Signature Certificate
Now apply for DSC. Select the Digital Signature of your choice.
- Verify Certificate Information
E Sign using the User Id, PIN, and OTP.
After that click on “Submit”.
Application ID shall be generated.
Note down the Application ID for future use.
- You will be directed to Video Recording Portal.
Further continue to Video Recording in order to process the application.
- Click on Start Recording and answer the following questions as prompted:
Have you applied for DSC?- Yes I have applied for DSC.
What is your name? – Your name as per Aadhar/Pan.
What is your date of birth?-
After that preview and Submit
Yes, subsequent to the enactment of Information Technology Act 2000 in India, Digital Signature Certificates are legally valid in India. Certifying Authorities issue Digital Signature Certificates
A Digital Signature Certificate authenticates your identity electronically. Additionally, it also provides you with a high level of security for your online transactions. Further it ensures the absolute privacy of the information exchanged using a Digital Signature Certificate.
No, you cannot. A digital signature certificate can have only one email address.