KYC means Know Your Customer or Know Your Client. The Ministry of Corporate Affairs i.e. MCA introduced Form DIR-3 KYC to update the data of every existing director in its records on an annual basis. Thus, each director with a valid DIN and designated partner with a valid DPIN must file this form on a mandatory basis.
When is the Due Date to file Form DIR-3 KYC?
- Financial Year 2018-19: 15/09/2018
- Financial Year 2019-20 onwards: Every director who has been allotted DIN on or before the end of the financial year, and whose DIN status is ‘Approved’ is required to file Form DIR-3 KYC on MCA Portal on or before 30th April of the next financial year.
If the director or designated partner does not file Form DIR-3 KYC within the due date, MCA authority would mark the DIN or DPIN as ‘Deactivated’. Director can then file Form DIR-3 KYC on only on payment of fee of Rs. 5000.
What are the conditions for filing Form DIR-3 KYC?
Form DIR-3 KYC should be filed on MCA Portal in the following cases:
- DIN or DPIN has been allotted on or before 31.03.2018
- Status of the DIN or DPIN is ‘Approved’
- Every director including disqualified directors must file Form DIR-3 KYC
- Enter a unique mobile number and email address for every director. It would be verified by an OTP (One Time Password)
- The director should sign the form using his DSC i.e. Digital Signature
- A practising professional (CA/CMA/CS) should certify the form.
What details are required to file Form DIR-3 KYC?
- DIN i.e. Director Identification Number
DPIN i.e. Designated Partner Identification Number
- Name as per PAN database
- Father’s Name as per PAN database
- Date of Birth (DoB) as per the PAN database
- PAN Number and Aadhaar Number if Citizen of India
- Passport Number if not a Citizen of India
- Personal Mobile number and Personal Email Address
- Permanent residential address and Present residential address
There are two conditions to file Form DIR-3 KYC:
a. MCA has allotted DIN / DPIN to the director
b. DIN / DPIN holds status as ‘Approved’
If both the above conditions are satisfied, even a disqualified director needs to file Form DIR-3 KYC
-Address proofs like passport, election (voter identity) card, ration card, driving license, electricity bill, telephone bill or aadhar can be attached
-Proof must be in the name of the applicant only
-Documents should not be older than 2 months in case of Indian applicant and 1 year in case of a foreign applicant
The DIN holders who have not filed their DIR-3 KYC for FY 2018-19 yet, they can file it now, with a penalty of Rs 5,000 for reactivation of the DIN.
The original due date for filing of DIR-3 KYC for FY 2018-19 was 31 April 2019. MCA has extended the due date till 14th October 2019.