Form 27A: e-TDS Verification Form
Form 27A is a simple form containing summary of quarterly e-TDS/TCS return. It is to be signed and filed in paper form by deductor along with return at nearest TIN Facilitation Center. It has particulars of deductor/collector, total amounts of tax deducted/ collected and total tax deposited against the total number of deductees or party records.
Form 27A is generated by TDS/TCS File Validation Utility (FVU) after successful validation of the return. For each e-TDS/TCS statement a separate Form 27A is to be filed.
Instruction to fill Form 27A
While submitting Form No. 27A, one should ensure that:
- Form 27A is generated by TDS/TCS FVU (File Validation Utility).
- There is no overwriting/striking on Form No. 27A. If there is any, Please make necessary changes in the file, validate and generate new Form 27A from File Validation Utility (FVU).
- Name and TAN of deductor and control totals of ‘amount paid’ and ‘income tax deducted at source’ mentioned on Form No. 27A should match with the respective totals in the e-TDS/TCS return.
- All the fields of Form No. 27A are duly filled. The Form 27A needs to be signed by the responsible person.
1. Who should sign Form-27A?
Form 27A is the summary of the TDS/TCS return. It has to be signed by the responsible person who is designated to sign the same.
2. How to verify TDS return using Form-27A?
Form-27A must be signed and filed in paper form by deductor along with return at nearest TIN Facilitation Center.