How to view or download Form 26AS?
Form 26AS is a consolidated “Tax Credit Statement” for a given financial year. A taxpayer can view or download Form 26AS from his/her Income Tax e-filing account.
Form 26AS contains the following information
- Details of Taxes Deducted at Source (TDS)from the taxpayer’s income.
- Details of Taxes Collected at Source (TCS) from taxpayer’s payments.
- Advance Taxes and Self Assessment taxes paid by the taxpayers.
- Details of the Refund received during the year.
- Details of any high-value transactions (for eg. Shares, Mutual Funds, etc.).
Step-by-Step process to download Form 26AS from Income Tax Website
You can view or download your Tax Credit Statement (Form-26AS) from your efiling account on Income Tax Website. Follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Go to incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
Step 2: Click on “View Form 26AS (Tax Credit)” from Quick Links
Step 3: Enter the User ID (PAN), Password and Captcha code to log in
Step 4: Navigate to My Account > View Form 26AS (Tax Credit)
Step 5: You will be redirected to TDS-CPC (TRACES) site. Please Confirm.
Step 6: Click View Tax Credit (Form 26AS) to view your Form 26AS.
Step 7: Choose Assessment Year & View as HTML.
Step 8: Step Click on View/Download
Step 9: Export as PDF option will be enabled
Sample Form 26AS
1. Can I download Form 26AS of the previous year?
Yes, you can download the Form 26AS of the previous years as well. Follow the steps mentioned above and while selecting Assessment Year select the previous Assessment Year.
2. What is the password to open Form 26AS?
The password to open Form 26AS is the Date of Birth of a taxpayer in DD/MM/YYYY format. For example, if your date of birth is 18th Feb 1956 then your password is 18021956.