DPIN implies a Designated Partner Identification Number. If designated partners of proposed LLP do not hold valid DIN / DPIN, they can make an application for DPIN or DIN in Form FiLLiP for the incorporation of LLP. Read about the documents required for DIN / DPIN Application on MCA in this article.
DIN stands for Director Identification Number. If the promoter of the proposed company does not hold a valid DIN then they can make application for DIN in Form SPICe for the incorporation of Company. A maximum of seven subscribers can apply for DIN allotment under Form SPICe. Read about the documents required for DIN Application on MCA in this article.
It must be noted that under Form FiLLiP, a maximum of two designated partners can apply for DIN. In the case of individual partners or body corporate partners, there is no limit to apply for DIN.
Documents for DIN or DPIN Application
Following information and documents of each designated partner/ promoter are required to apply for allotment of DIN or DPIN:
- PAN (Permanent Account Number)
- Place of birth
- Type of Occupation – Self employed / Professional / Homemaker / Student / Servicemen
- Area of Occupation – Government / Teaching / Others (specify)
- Educational Qualification – select from the dropdown
- Email ID
- Duration of stay at the present residential address. Address of the previous residence if the duration of stay is less than a year
- Identity Proof – Voters Identity Card / Passport / Driving License
- Residential Proof – Bank Statement / Electricity Bill / Telephone Bill / Mobile Bill
- The form of a contribution to LLP
- Monetary Value of the contribution to LLP
- Number of LLP(s) in which he/she is a Partner
- Number of the Company(s) in which he/she is a Director
PAN is a ten-digit unique alphanumeric number issued by the Income Tax Department. PAN is mandatory to obtain new DIN for all Indian Nationals. It is not mandatory for foreign nationals.
DIN numbers do not have an expiry date. No further compliance formalities are required for maintaining the validity of a DIN number.
As per section 152(3) of the Companies Act, 2013, No person shall be appointed as director of the Company unless he has allotted DIN under section 154 of the Act.