What is Challan Status Inquiry (CSI) file?
Deductor can download summary of challans from TIN in CSI format. Using CSI file, deductor can verify his/her tax payments have been properly accounted for. The tax payer can view the details in two ways
- CIN based view
- Using BSR Code of Collecting Branch, Challan Paid on Date & Challan Serial No. and amount (optional)
- TAN based view
- Using TAN and Challan Paid on Date
How to download CSI file?
- Go to TIN OLTAS
- Click on TAN Based View
- Enter TAN number, Challan Paid on Date, Captcha
- Click on Download Challan file and download the CSI file
1. What is OLTAS?
OLTAS stand for Online Tax Accounting System which maintains records of tax paid through banks (online or offline mode). Once banks upload data regarding tax payments, records can be checked online by enterning either challan details or TAN.
2. Can I check challan status if I don’t have tax deposit receipt
You need to have tax deposit receipt to check the status online. If you have lost or misplaced it then you can ask the bank for an acknowledgement which contains Challan details. With these details you can check the challan status online.