What is CAMS?
Computer Age Management Services (CAMS) is a SEBI agency under the R&T (Registrar and Transfer) category. It is a platform providing technology-enabled services and processing-related solutions to mutual fund houses as well as investors. It facilitates in building up an interactive and user-interactive delivery model to investors.
What does CAMS do?
Computer Age Management Services is under the collective ownership of NSE Investment Ltd, HDFC Group, Warburg Pincus LLC, and Acsys Investment Private Ltd to provide a variety of services. Below are a few services that it provides:
- KYC verification & validation
- System integration with bank
- Online transactions through the MY CAMS app
- Redemption & payout settlements
- Customer service
- Record Management Services
- White label Call center
- Brokerage computation & payout
- Data management
- Processing of transactions
CAMS has myCAMS an online application for the convenience of the investors. Using this, you can make a single Login User ID. However, the validity of the login credentials you generate will have only 48 hours. This is because the information you give is confidential and sensitive. Therefore, if you delay beyond two days, you will have to start the whole process again.
How does CAMS online work?
myCAMS is an online portal of CAMS. Here investors can easily retrieve their mutual fund statements by providing their PAN and registered email id. The user needs to access the ‘Mailback Services’ in order to get the statements.
Investors can find the details of NAV & the fees by scheme name in the app. The realized gain statements show data about long-term and short-term capital gain. Further, the Consolidated Account Statement shows details of all the mutual fund holdings of the person which are invested over multiple mutual fund houses i.e. AMCs, over a given period of time. It is a very popular mechanism to keep a track record of all the investments. However, they do not have any legal authorization to offer mutual fund recommendations or even distribute funds.
Features of CAMS
- Quality: CAMS is an ISO 9001:2008 certified establishment. It is generally famous for its stringent quality check policies. Therefore with the help of six sigma levels of quality, they set up 50 lakh accounts annually.
- Risk Management: CAMSonline follows a self-determining risk management method. For example, it regularly manages every possible operative risk with customized software to steady outcomes.
- Access: CAMS has more than 250 locations with expanding plans. Their high reach has helped manufacturers to reduce expenditures. Which further eliminates the need to spend on in-house infrastructure. Thus you can visit CAMS service centers for infrastructure installation and maintenance services post the purchase.
- Confidentiality: Customer info at CAMS is highly protected due to its sensitive nature and a matter of security. In order to ensure the security of customer’s information, the data is used only to serve customers. Further, the access is restricted to only the rightful owner.
- Technology Driven: CAMS promotes locally developed technology solutions. That is on par with international standards leading to fast distribution and adaptability. In addition, the IT infrastructure of CAMS has the capability to support over 1 crore transactions per month.
- E-KYC Facility: CAMS provides E-KYC to investors online and via mobile app. It is an instant and cost-free facility. Further, this provides the investor to complete their KYC online without any hassle.
- Portfolio Mapping: Under CAMS service all the mutual funds that the investor has invested in are mapped to your investment portfolio. Therefore it is important to provide the same email ID for all your investments to ensure correct mapping.
- Single User-Id: Once you register yourself under CAMS online service, you can use the registration details for all your future mutual fund transactions.
CAMS Online Registration Process
Registration through CAMSonline
- Visit www.camsonline.com
- Navigate to Investor Services > myCAMS.
- Click on ‘New User Registration to create a new user.
- In the ‘New User Registration screen, enter the registered email id and captcha. Further, click on Submit.
- On successful completion of the registration process, a confirmation box is displayed on the screen.
- New User Registration confirmation mail is sent to the user registered email id, along with the login credentials.
- You can use this user id and password for the initial login in myCAMS ‘User Login’ screen.
- Furthermore, when you log in for the first time, it will navigate to the ‘Change Password’. You can set your password.
- Users may now re-login to myCAMS with the user id as the registered email id and the new set password.
Registration through myCAMS App
- Download myCAMS mobile app from Google Play Store or iTunes app store and install the same.
- Click on Register Now.
- Enter your registered email id in the ‘New Registration screen’ .
- Click on Submit.
- You will receive a confirmation email along with the login password.
- In the login screen of myCAMS mobile app, enter your registered email id as a User ID and the login password.
- Click on ‘LOGIN’.
- Change your password as per the instructions before proceeding.
- Re-login to explore myCAMS services.
Steps to Download CAMS Capital Gains Statement
- Go to CAMS Investor Mailback Services
Go to the website CAMS Online. Click on ‘View More’ under the option ‘Statements’
- Capital Gain/Loss Statement
Click on the option ‘Capital Gain/Loss Statement’.
- Enter the required details – Period, Email, PAN, Password
In the case of the time period – choose the default option of the current FY and previous FY.
Enter the e-mail ID registered in the investment folios. Moreover, PAN is optional but if you provide your PAN number then it will also include those investments under your PAN where you may have not registered your email id. Lastly, select “All Funds” and “e-mail an encrypted attachment” for the delivery option.
- CAMS Capital Gains Statement
Enter the password for encrypting the mail. It’ll take approximately 30 minutes until you receive the mail once you submit the form.
You will receive two files in the mail. One for the current FY and one for the previous FY. Typically you would use the previous FY statement since you would be filing returns in June/July for the previous FY. Moreover, both the files can be opened with the same password you had set in earlier.
Sample CAMS Investment Gain/(Loss) Statement
If in case any of your folios missing in the myCAMS login, please ensure that your email id is updated in all your Mutual Fund investments serviced by CAMS.
Consolidated Account Statement is a single account statement that consolidates financial transactions. Further, It consists of all the mutual fund holdings of the person who invested over multiple mutual fund houses.
CAS will include only the folios with financial transactions and hence these folios will not reflect in the statement.
You should download the Capital Gain/Loss Statement from CAMS to view the data of mutual funds sold during the financial year. The CAMS CG Statement reflects the data of gain or loss on sale of each mutual fund along with details of the purchase and FMV i.e. Fair Market Value. You can use this statement to calculate and report the STCG and LTCG in the Income Tax Return.