The compliance portal enables e-verification for the display of compliance issues and related information and capturing response on such issues. The compliance portal uses the campaign management approach to contact taxpayers for online submission of response. It will contact the taxpayers via e-Mails, SMS, phone calls, notices, and letters to visit the compliance portal and submit the response against the identified issue.
Steps to Access e-Campaign on Compliance Portal
- Visit the Compliance portal
Log in using valid credentials.
- You will be redirected to the Income Tax e-Filing portal. If you already have an account, click on “Login Here”.
If not, click on the “Register Yourself” option.
- After logging in, click on the My Account
Choose the Compliance Portal option.
- Then, you will be redirected to the landing page of the compliance portal post log in.
It looks like this:
- Finally, click on the e-Campaign option.
And you can access it from there.
You can view the notice and post a reply in the section “View and Submit Compliance.” Under the ‘View and Submit Compliance’ tab, you will find a “Filing of Income Tax return” option through which you can provide the response related to ITRs. You can either choose: ‘ITR has been filed’ or ‘ITR has not been filed’.
In case, no response is received within 30 days of the issue of this intimation, the return of income will be processed after making necessary adjustment(s) u/s 143(1)(a) of Income Tax Act, 1961 without providing any further opportunities in this matter.
– Login to your compliance portal account
– Click on e-Verification tab
– Click on View button against the case
– Select and submit the response